Information for Centres and Awarding Organisations
How to offer Street Works qualifications
You need approval from an Awarding Organisation to offer Street Works qualifications. It's a three-stage process:
- Contact an Awarding Organisation for approval:
- The Awarding Organisation will inform SWQR when you have been approved.
- SWQR will dispatch a Centre pack. On successful completion of the documentation, SWQR will confirm you are now a recognised Centre.
Become an approved Street Works Awarding Organisation
To ensure the quality and integrity of Street Works qualifications, Awarding Organisations have to be approved according to the legislative requirements across the four nations.
England, Northern Ireland and Wales
- The Awarding Organisation needs to be an Ofqual recognised Awarding Organisation
- Once approved by Ofqual you must contact the DfT Policy Group for SWQR on email@example.com to provide:
- evidence of your Ofqual approval
- projected timescales for delivery
- confirmation of the countries where you intend to certificate
Once approved to offer Street Works qualifications, the Awarding Organisation will be invited to join and contribute to the DfT Policy Group.
Please note: we can't accept registrations for Centres or candidates until we have confirmation that the Awarding Organisation has been approved by the DfT Policy Group.
Where an Awarding Organisation is considering certificating candidates that operate in Scotland, they must be approved by Transport Scotland
Apply to Transport Scotland
The Transport Scotland representative will present the Awarding Organisation approval application to the DfT Policy Group. Once approved, the Awarding Organisation will be invited to join and contribute to the DfT Policy Group.
Please note: we can't accept registrations for Centres or candidates until we have confirmation that the Awarding Organisation has been approved by the DfT Policy Group
Checking a Candidate is on the Register and what qualifications they hold
SWQR can answer upto three general enquires per call:
- Check if a Candidate is on the Street Works Qualifications Register.
- Find out which qualifications a Candidate holds.
- The validity of the four nations’ requirements.
If you have four or more enquiries please submit your request using our enquiry form.
If a Centre submits a search request for more than 30 Candidates, we apply a fee to cover our costs.
How to resolve discrepancies
As Awarding Organisations are responsible for issuing certificates, we use the Awarding Organisation's results to validate claims. Centres and the Awarding Organisations will be required to resolve any discrepancies and provide us with sufficient evidence to produce a valid Candidate card.
We can't resolve these issues as we do not produce certificates or provide Candidate assessment.
Where will Candidates' cards be sent?
Candidate ID cards are sent to the address on the application form. If an address was not provided, we'll issue the card to the Centre’s main address.
We have received a card and the details are incorrect
Return the incorrect card to SWQR, with a cover letter detailing the discrepancies.
We will investigate and contact you with the best way to resolve the issue.
We have not received the card(s) we applied for
Firstly, confirm where you requested the card(s) be sent, to the candidate's address or to the centre address.
Where we have issued a card(s) to a centre or candidate, and they do not contact us within 3 months of their application date to report they are not in receipt of their card(s), we will apply a Replacement Card Fee
The Replacement Card(s) will be sent via Recorded Delivery