What is SWQR?
We are authorised by the UK Government Transport Departments to maintain the Street Works Qualifications Register (SWQR).
Under the New Roads and Street Works Act, 1991 (NRSWA), candidates with a certificate from an Awarding Organisation can be issued with an SWQR card.
We work with hundreds of Centres to issue over 50,000 ID cards a year for the UK. We hold and maintain a range of information about Candidates including current and historical card details.
What does the SWQR do?
Our responsibilities include:
- Quality assurance of the validity of Candidate claims against Awarding Organisation results
- Supporting Candidates to register, renew or update their SWQR ID card
- Guiding Awarding Organisations and Centres who wish to gain approval to offer qualifications.
- Maintaining close links with Centres, Awarding Organisations and industry representatives
- Working with authorities to carry out on-site inspections to ensure Candidates are on the SWQR, hold a valid ID card and have appropriate qualifications
How we work
We are committed to dealing with our stakeholders and customers openly and transparently.