March 2022 Update
March 2022 update
Applications and Card production
As operations are now returning to normal, we are up-to-date processing applications and clearing the last of the print backlog. Thank you for remaining patient during the interruptions to our normal processes.
Card price increase
The following prices have been agreed with the Department for Transport (DfT).
From 1 April 2022 new card fees:
- Initial Application - £31.10
- Re-assessment - £31.10
- Additional Qualification(s) - £24.90
- Re-registration - £24.90
- Replacement - £24.90
Centres and candidates who have submitted applications, up to and including, 31 March will be charged 2021 rates.
New – Online, Street Works Qualifications Register
We are progressing well with development of our new Online Register – “SWQR Online”. Once we have successfully completed the testing and data migration phases, our intention is to launch the system externally in Summer 2022.
Having listened to your feedback, and incorporated this into our development, SWQR Online will provide a platform that ensures an intuitive and flexible experience that matches your requirements. Functions will include:
- Awarding Organisations uploading their own SWQR result files.
- Speedy online application processing.
- Digital photo uploads.
- Candidate search functions.
- Viewing qualifications and expiry dates on SWQR cards.
- Tracking the progress of applications and cards.
- Viewing and downloading invoices and backing sheets.
- Confirming candidate eligibility for assessment.
- Viewing and downloading documents attached to your centre and candidate records.
Our current focus is on developing user guides and short videos to demonstrate SWQR Online functionality.
We expect to be able to share these with you, along with more information on the go-live date, over the coming months.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact Carole Brown, SWQR Contract Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keeping up to date with changes affecting Street Works
You can sign up to our License Reminder and Alerts service on our website at www.swqr.org.uk/SWQR/subscribeToAlerts
You can also check our website for regular updates on changes to our application processing etc.